My husband Andy is very supportive of the changes that we've made to our health and lifestyle. He's experienced massive benefits from changing to a whole foods diet and he helps out by cooking nutrient dense foods as often as he can.
He has kindly agreed to share his chocolate muffin recipe with us today! It is gluten free, grain free, nut free and dairy free. It is suitable for lunch boxes as it is nut free.
The kids love them! I do too!
1/2 cup cacao
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free if you need muffins to be gluten free)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup honey (we only use 1/2 cup)
1. Turn oven on to 180 degress C
2. Line muffin tray with 12 muffin wrappers
3. In a bowl mix the cacao, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt (or if you have a thermomix, mix on speed 5 for 10 secs or until dry ingredients are mixed well)
4. Add the eggs, coconut oil and honey
5. Mix with a whisk until it is runny (if you have a ther...